Thursday 7 August 2014

I came, I saw, I... played

Or rather, we came, we saw, and we played - since Playday was as much work for Anne-Marie Moore (PhD researcher on Together Through Play) as it was for me.

Anyway, we made it through Playday without the Button Bash kit breaking or the solder giving out, or Windows crashing - or the (at times torrential!) rain stopping play. And I'm bushed. Who knew Play was such hard work? :op 

A lot of fun, though - pics are up on Twitter (You can find me on @rayjholt). Not many of the kit in use (just one, I think). There wasn't much time to grab them. I'd started the day with the idea that I'd be providing a steady stream of Tweets, but that really didn't happen. It's telling that the tweets cover the set up - and then the back end of the day! I soon discovered that trying to "live tweet" an event by taking photos and then posting twitter from your phone makes you look a) anti-social and b) a bit creepy, since the people you've just photographed don't really know what you're doing. 

Anyway, I'll try to get a proper post-mortem of what went well and what we could have improved (you can tell I'm a lecturer, eh?) up here in the next few days. For now, I'm off to have a rest - by getting back to the day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment