Sunday 9 August 2015

Week in Review : 3rd August

It's been a funny old week this week. I've done much, but finished little. That's largely because I've dedicated most of my time to data analysis on old reach-to-grasp experiments. That's meant a lot of debugging code, picking through data to see where problems have arisen, and refreshing my knowledge of curve fitting and Gaussian functions. On the one hand, I don't have anything concrete to show for it. On the other, I've overcome a bunch of technical hurdles and I'm in a position to do more constructive work this week - touch wood.

Of course, there's been more than that - PhD supervision, teaching is back on my agenda, so timetables have been debated, handouts sent for printing, and project outlines prepared. And I've been steadily assembling parts for the next FATKAT. Of course, I'm only in three days next week - so I may be writing an exciting update, or reporting more delays.

   It's also been a year since we took Button Bash to Breeze on Tour for Playday! Happy times. I'm sad not to be doing anything for it this year - but given how things worked out, I'm also rather glad. But next year... who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment