Friday 9 September 2016

Loose Ends

There I was, hoping for a whole batch of posts on the Engineering Imagination, but with one thing and another, it's been a busy old summer. Term is just a week away, and so now is the time of tidying up loose ends before starting anything new.

I've been trying to make sure my handouts are all printed, and my exam and several new lectures written before the start of term hits: once you're in the thick of teaching, you don't want to be stuck in reactive mode! Also finishing off two papers, preparing for a transfer viva, delivering a review and trying to finish off a grant proposal. These are all things that have been chugging merrily along for the summer, but need to be polished off before the impetus lost, and new things pop up on the horizon.

And there are a fair few things on the horizon for this autumn: a trip to the next LUDI workshop in Malta next month; the AHRC Tracking People network gets up and running with its first meeting in December, and the Augmenting the Body seminar series with Stuart Murray gets going for me in November (the first seminar is in October, but I'm in Malta then...). Also our current Postural Sway Assessment Tool project will be getting into data gathering mode in the next few months, and I'll be presenting at a seminar in our ethics centre.

So, I'll be trying to put some of that up here. And time permitting I'd like to get a reading list for the Engineering Imagination up here.

Only time will tell - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment