Friday 3 July 2015

I'm back!

Well, that was unexpected! As the tone of my last post might indicate, when I said "maybe next week?" I hadn't anticipated that my next post would be over two months later.  I've just about got used to the idea that it isn't April any more, but it's taken some doing.

Anyway, I'm back, I'm better - and for the first time in two and a half months, I've just finished a week's work. I'm on a phased return, which has meant doing just over two hours a day this week, and gradually working up from there. Occupational Health had warned me it would be tiring, and I must say - they were absolutely right. Still, it's good to be back, and over the course of this week, coming in has gradually moved back to feeling normal. It's been a slow week - mostly dedicated to planning and time management. Risk-assessing my return, working through an email back log (and if I haven't got back to you yet - don't worry - I will!), and identifying what tasks I'm prioritising. So you'll have to take this as this week's "weekly update" - I got back, I started to get organised, and I turned up for work every day. Right now, that feels like an achievement in itself!

By the by, this week also heralded the second anniversary of this Blog! I was tempted to do a review of the last year, and a look forward to the next - but to be honest, it'll have to wait. I'm off to have a much-needed rest (and well-earned, if I say so myself). Next week, I'll hopefully have something more substantive to update you on!

No comments:

Post a Comment